Sunday, April 20, 2008

How Can I Keep from Singing

When was the last time you burst into song? You know what I mean... not just because you have to sing but because you want to sing. And it has nothing to do with whether you have a good voice or whether you have an audience listening. It's a song from your heart -- an expression of gratitude, of joy and delight.

Some of us have stopped singing. Maybe you're going through troubled times, maybe you've lost your step, maybe you're just too tired to try again... but you know what? God gives us songs even in the night (Job 35:10). He knows what you're going through and He does not forget His Word and His promises. That's why we can still sing.

Chris Tomlin's song expresses it well with this chorus...

"How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your praise
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing"

May the Lord "put a new song in your mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." (Psalm 40: 3)

No comments: