Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hot For Jesus

On last night of Sanctification Week, Senior Pastor brought a sobering message to the church.

"How does God see FCBC?" ; "How does God see you?"- were you taken by surprise to be likened to the church at Laodicea, one of the 7 churches in the Book of Revelation?

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth....." (Rev 3:15, 16)

Ouch! Did we miss the good news first before the bad news? Without first a word of commendation to soften the blow, these words were strong and harsh, whichever version of the Bible we read from.

But wait a minute, here's something from the heart of a loving Father ...and it's not said for any of the other churches...

"Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."
(Rev 3:19, 20)

Sanctification week may be over but let us continue to press on with the Lord's sanctifying work in our lives. Let us pray that the fires of revival will continue to sweep through our church and turn every lukewarm spirit HOT FOR JESUS!

No comments: