Sunday, August 10, 2008

Why Do I Love Singapore?

Why do I LIKE Singapore (or, "what she gives to me")?

1. Amazing selection of good and affordable food
2. "Clean and green" - Roads, buildings and people in a huge garden
3. Cheap and efficient transport network
4. Security is so good that we almost never worry about crime

Why do I LOVE Singapore (or, "why I would give my best to her")?
1. Because when I love her, I love myself.
* "Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper." (Jeremiah 29:7 NIV)

2. Because Singapore loved and gave to me long before I ever contributed to her.

3. Because God loves Singapore, I will love her too.
In Hosea 11, God expresses His love for Ephraim (Israel). Imagine these same words of love for our nation, Singapore.
* "It was I who taught Ephraim (Singapore) to walk, taking them by the arms." (Hosea 11:3 NIV)
* "I led Ephraim (Singapore) with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them." (Hosea 11:4 NIV)
* "How can I give you up, Ephraim (Singapore)? How can I hand you over? … My heart is changed within me; all my compassion is aroused." (Hosea 11:8 NIV)

God Bless Singapore!

No comments: