Sunday, October 14, 2007

What is your boast?

It's that time of year when budgets, plans, reviews and appraisals fill my thoughts.

I certainly need wisdom and strength to go through this yearly exercise. And I also need riches... (actual and projected ) to try and balance my income and expense budget!

I was glad the Lord brought me to this passage of Scripture in Jeremiah 9:23-24,

"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
or the strong man boast of his strength
or the rich man boast of his riches, but
let him who boasts boast about this:
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,
declares the Lord."

I don't want to wait till the Year of Sabbath to find my joy and delight in the Lord.

Let's take a little pause right now to focus our thoughts on what we must finally account for and to pray that we may grow in our knowledge and understanding of the Lord our God.

No comments: